US Navy Logistics Support Vessel (LSV), Tacoma Wa.
In early 2017, Curtin Maritime was tasked with towing a US Navy Logistics Support Vessel (LSV) roundtrip from Tacoma, WA., to Mare Island, CA.
• Roundtrip towing from Tacoma, WA., to Mare Island, CA.
• length of 275’ and a beam of 60’
• Displacement of 4,200 long tons.
• 1,700 nautical mile round trip voyage.
• Completed safely and without incident.
The vessel has an overall length of 275’ and a beam of 60’, with a displacement of 4,200 long tons. Our crew created a Deadship Towing Plan in accordance with the United States Coast Guard, and meticulously planned and assisted with the rigging of the vessel for the tow and for sea, and also studied weather patterns to ensure the voyage would not encounter weather outside of the allowable parameters.
The 1,700 nautical mile round trip voyage went safely and without incident. All customers were happy and the US Navy LSV was delivered back to Tacoma, WA. ready to work!